Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Windows Patch Management

From: "Rose, Ryan" <Ryan.Rose () UNCO EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:12:22 -0700

Greetings,

I'm curious how other institutions are conducting Windows Server Patch
Management.  Currently we are testing the patches in our test
environment for the week following the release date.  We then roll-out
the updates to all productions servers over the following weekend within
our maintenance windows.  This takes an amazing amount of time, we
believe it is best to stick to a monthly schedule but our sys admins are
going crazy.  Any suggestions or thoughts around this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan