Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISO 17799/IEC 27001

From: Tammy Clark <isttcx () LANGATE GSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:58:11 -0500

Hello Jim/et al...

We did use the standard to further develop our infosec
program/initiatives for the past three years and at this point, we are
also pursuing certification in an incremental fashion (ISO 27001).

Best regards,

Tammy L. Clark, CISSP, CISM, CISA
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia State University
tlclark () gsu edu
770-480-8836 (cell)
404-463-9612 (office)
"Taylor, James R" <JimTaylor () MISSOURISTATE EDU> 12/04/06 10:55 AM

I am in the process of developing a security program based on ISO
17799:2005.  If I remember correctly from Educause, Georgia State
University used it as a basis for their program.

Jim Taylor

Technology Projects Coordinator

Computer Services

Missouri State University