Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Internal Network Security

From: Antonio Quesada <aquesada () GGC USG EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:34:38 -0400

Divide it into different networks (either logical or physical, only you
and your network people know the best answer to this) and use firewalls
in the borders, not just router ACLs.

For example:
One for students.
One for critical info dealing with student data.
One for confidential info not student related.
Etc.

You get the idea.

I hope this helps!

Antonio Quesada
Director of Networking and Computing Services
Georgia Gwinnett College
1000 University Center Lane Suite B3800
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
USA