Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: October is Security Awareness Month

From: Davina Pruitt-Mentle <dpruitt () UMD EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:34:37 -0400

Ours is geared more towards K-12  --but has been picked up as part of
our university awareness program as well
See: http://www.edtechoutreach.umd.edu/C3Institute/c3awareness.html
(scroll down for October interactive calendar)
also C3 Conference http://www.edtechoutreach.umd.edu/C32006/index.html

Davina

Daniel R Jones wrote:
We have a security awareness program that focuses on a different topic
each month (passwords, privacy, AV, etc) September though May.
Information about this year's program can be found at
http://www.colorado.edu/ITS/security and topics covered last year are
listed under "IT Security Topics" on the same page.  In addition to web
content and e-mail we also use posters, table tents, bookmarks and
"chalking" distributed around campus.  As appropriate we also are
looking to provide either "brown-bag" seminars or hosting a talk to
provide more in-depth coverage on a specific topic.

Regards,

Dan Jones
Campus IT Security Office
University of Colorado at Boulder