Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spam and Wireless

From: Randy Grimshaw <rgrimsha () SYR EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:06:45 -0400

Brightmail.

Wireless access is currently controlled by a captive portal gateway and
optional VPN services. @600 APs so far on 7 trunked VLANs. (resnet
rollout 1/2 complete) We support authenticated community, authenticated
guest, and rate limited anonymous. Initial ResNet NAC policy is
enforced. (patched, firewalled, and AV installed).
We are moving toward 802.1x that will follow the completion of our LWAPP
conversion.

<><Randy

<><Randall Grimshaw
Room 203 Machinery Hall
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY   13244
315-443-5779
rgrimsha () syr edu
brenda.gombosky () LOUISVILLE EDU 09/11/06 1:41 PM >>>
Two questions - can you tell me what you are using for Spam Filtering
and unrelated but a hot topic here right now - how you handle wireless
access (i.e.; secured?/guest etc.)  Thanks much in advance for any
help!

Brenda B. Gombosky, CISSP, CHSP
Director, Information Technology
University of Louisville