Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quick show of hands

From: Jim Dillon <Jim.Dillon () CUSYS EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:24:25 -0600

ISO office of 3, reporting to the nearest thing we have to a CIO, who
reports to the President's Chief of Staff for our system office.  1 Tech
Exp. Support role, one compliance/regulatory.

Not perfect, but new and exciting given the last seat in this office was
filled this month and the first only a couple of months ago.  If I had
my way, we'd skip the CIO and report to the Chief of Staff (effective
COO position).

Oh, and hello all, first intro/non-lurking post since joining the list.
I've been active on SANS, on ICPL, and ISACA and ACUA lists for some
time, but first time to poke my head out here.  I have attended and
presented once at Educause Annual events, and poked around some other
service points on occasion, but am quite new here.  Hope you'll accept
an IT Auditor (retired developer) in your midst.  I see a few familiar
names out there (Rodney, Gary, Brad ...)

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Dillon, CISA, CISSP
IT Audit Manager, CU Internal Audit