Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re:

From: John Rasmussen <rasmusse () OHSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:59:22 -0700

We also use the Cisco MARS for data collection from our FWSM and other data sources.

We are in the process of installing the Juniper IDP which is a very robust tool that integrates well into the MARS.

John

pennb () UWW EDU 7/20/2006 7:16:13 AM >>>

We use MARS and it's not really an IPS - it's more of an EM/SEM.  That being
said, we plan to log all of our snort, StealthWatch and Cisco ASA and FWSM
alerts to the device which will hopefully give us a more comprehensive view
of intrusion attempts (and all other security events) than an IPS itself.
We found MARS to be very useful in our pilot and expect it will do the same
in early production.

__
Blake