Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Auditing DBA activities

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:04:32 -0500

Good day,

We are currently investigating the possibilities of auditing of our Oracle
DBAs.  An audit has recommended that we enable Oracle database logging so
that we can review the activities of DBAs in our production environment.
Our DB group immediately points out that could cause a huge performance
impact if not done appropriately.  The example logs that I've seen thus far
look like they could be a large burden on even the largest security
department.

What do other schools do to watch Oracle DBA activities?

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Green