Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Confidential information and Smartphone Policies ? was RE: Your thougts about smart phone ...

From: James H Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 16:45:58 -0400

We are finalizing a standard that covers PDAs, smart phones, and similar
devices.

In the Educause archives, we found 3 policies, Georgetown, East
Carolina, and Azusa.  We fashioned something that is kind of a
combination.  Does anyone else have standards in the PDA and smart phone
area? Can you send me a link, or the document?  Are PDAs and Smart
phones covered in Data Classification and Handling policies?

Thanks for your help.  I will summarize to the list.

Jim

- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4122 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

"We will have a chance when we are as efficient at communicating
information security best practices, as hackers and criminals are at
sharing attack information"  - Peter Presidio