Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Risk Mapping Inadvertent Data Disclosures

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:14:56 -0400

Jim,

We also started conducting such an exercise last year and produced the paper at the this link (http://www.cit.cornell.edu/computer/ security/data-loss-prepare.html). The paper serves as a good backdrop for the executives to better understand why we're doing what we're doing and has also served as a good road map toward better policies and procedures as we implement the recommendations.

While not exactly answering your specific questions below I thought that the document was at least worth sharing.

Good luck,
sjs

Steve Schuster
Director, IT Security Office