Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Job: Net Sec Analyst at NYU

From: Phil Rodrigues <phil.rodrigues () NYU EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:34:09 -0400

New York University has an opening for a Network Security Analyst, in
the Division of Information Technology Services. The Network Security
Analyst position is focused primarily on user awareness, sys admin
education, and external communication, with additional moderately
technical duties. The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor's degree (not
necessarily in computer science), and have about 3 years of experience
working with information technology or IT security, or an equivalent
combination. The starting salary is based on experience, and is highly
competitive with other higher-ed technology positions. NYU ITS has a
strong record of internal advancement, and offers excellent educational,
health, retirement, and work/life benefits.

The IT security team reports to the Director of Communication and
Computing Services within ITS. The team is composed of an Associate
Director, two Senior Analysts, and this Analyst position, with
additional graduate and undergraduate student support. We are
responsible for intrusion detection, incident handling, application
assessment, security systems development, and user awareness and
education for the entire university.

NYU ITS operates one of the most dynamic and exciting networks in the
world. We have 50,000 active hosts, spread out over five locations in
Manhattan, which are connected to more than 1 Gbps of Internet and
Internet2 bandwidth. New York University's main campus is located in the
heart of Greenwich Village in New York City, offering a wide array of
social, artistic, and professional opportunities. We are the largest
private University in the country, with over 38,000 full-time students,
and one of the largest employers in New York City, with over 16,000
employees.

To apply on-line visit the NYU BrassRing site, select "Search openings",
then search for all jobs within the "School or Division" equal to
"Information Technology Svcs".  Please note that some of the specific
qualifications in the official posting are no longer valid.

https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_home.asp?partnerid=6891&siteid=32

Please contact me or security () nyu edu if you have any questions.

Phil Rodrigues
Sr Network Security Analyst
New York University
phil.rodrigues () nyu edu