Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network Access Control

From: David Lundy <dlundy () PACIFIC EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:05:25 -0800

David:
     We considering NAC but haven't gotten that far, yet.  But I do
have a question for you?  I need to develop a legitimate Incidence
Response Plan.  I was wondering if you have one that you would care to
share?  Thanks.

David Lundy

----
David Lundy
Acting IT Security Officer
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211
Email: dlundy () pacific edu
Voice: 209-946-3951
Fax: 209-946-2898

millar () ISC UPENN EDU 2/23/2006 1:59:36 PM >>>
We're planning a Network Access Control project.

Has anyone encountered privacy (or any other) concerns about requiring
the
installation of a software agent that reports on patch status, A/V
status
and password strength, as a condition of network access?

Also, would anyone be willing to share statistics about the percentage
of
machines that typically wind up in quarantine?

Thanks,
David Millar
University Information Security Officer