Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Public Machine Access

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:46:22 -0500

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:20:04 EST, "Flagg, Martin D." said:
We are constantly fighting with out "lab" computers, we currently allow
them admin privileges then rebuild the machine upon every reboot.

"And how's that working for you?" -- Dr. Phil

How much would your workload go down if you didn't allow them admin privs?

(Also - do you *force* a reboot when a user logs out?  If not, the next user on
the machine is at the mercy of whatever malware the first guy managed to get
during a drive-by fruiting....)