Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: question on nessus license

From: Chad McDonald <chad.mcdonald () GCSU EDU>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:56:51 -0500

Harold Zawinsky wrote:

Hi -I am working with several schools on network access control and
vulnerability projects.  Several potential solutions have integrated
the open source nessus scanner. I am concerned about the licensing
issues of using the scanner and the plugin scripts.  Wondering if
anyone has dealt with this issue?  I know it is OK to use nessus
stand-alone, but specifically with integrated products that use it.

Harold

ask Renaud.  The nessus mailing list is very active and Renaud Deraison
(sp?) will answer most posts.