Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Do you have a CIO?

From: Bruce Maas <bmaas () UWM EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:28:58 -0600

Jim:
I am the Interim CIO at UW-Milwaukee and in your geographic area.  If you wanted
to get together to discuss, I am happy to do so.  I have collected many EDUCAUSE
and other materials on the role of the CIO and would be happy to share.  I am on
this listserv because of the critical importance of security, and work directly
with our Security Officer.  Just contact me directly to set up a meeting, which
can include our Security Officer if you like.  Regards, Bruce.

Quoting Jim Schug <schugj () MATC EDU>:

Our college does not have a dedicated CIO; instead the functions are
spread through a number of divisions of the college.  I'm curious about:

1) Do you have a CIO?
2) To whom does the CIO report?
3) Any recommendations on how to "sell" the president about the
importance of having a CIO?

Thank you in advance.

Ability is what you're capable of doing.
     Motivation determines what you do.
         Attitude determines how well you do it.
-Lee Holz

Jim Schug
Information Security Instructor
http://oncampus.matc.edu/infosec
Milwaukee Area Technical College
5555 West Highland Road, Mequon, WI 53092  USA
Phone: (262) 238-2267

--
Bruce Maas
Interim CIO