Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security risk assessment survey for research

From: "Victoriano Casas, ISO" <vcasas () AUSTIN UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:49:34 -0600

Leigh, et al...

Adobe Reader 7.0.7  should work on XP.  If not, just cut/paste the Q&A
into Word or some other document processor and just send it my way.

On Ubuntu Linux I used Evince 0.4.0 to open/read the file then used
"Ctrl+A" to select all and cut/paste them into a writer.  You can submit
that way.

I realize it may take more than 10 minutes if one gets very detailed in
their responses.  All I need are elements of X.  X being what I have
identified as components of an "ideal type" risk assessment.  I could
share my lit review with you guys, but it's over 30 pages and I doubt
y'all have the time to read through it.  I will, however, share my
entire ARP with all those who do respond (as an incentive)! :)

I sincerely appreciate everyone's help, cooperation and *positive*
attitude.

About vt.edu - of course I'll be there - Marchany is a good friend and
we had a great time last year.  I emailed Mike Poor (the instructor/jedi
knight from last year and he may try to 'show up' sometime during our
class).  I look forward to seeing y'all "hackers" next week at vt.edu!
Looking forward to those BOF sessions!!

Have a great day,
Victoriano