Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password cracking benchmarks

From: Leigh Cheek <CHEEK () GWMAIL UTK EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:02:14 -0500

Hi Alan,

Thank you for sharing this resource. May I have your permission to
share this website on the Information Systems Audit and Control
Association's listserv (IS Auditors).

Thanks,

Leigh Cheek, CIA, CISA
Auditor
Audit and Consulting Services
University of Tennessee
149 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4114
(865) 974-4420
fax (865) 974-6171
lcheek () utk edu

amesbury () OITSEC UMN EDU 11/15/2005 4:49:51 PM >>>
A couple people have mentioned to me off-list that they thought the
doc
I wrote up was useful for discussing password policies with management
and other types.  I've taken some feedback, expanded it a bit, and the
revised version is available online for anyone who wants it at

    http://www1.umn.edu/oit/security/passwordattackdiscussion.html

--
Alan Amesbury
University of Minnesota