Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IDS/IPS - have you hears of NitroSecurity

From: "Sauvigne, Craig M" <sauvignec () WINTHROP EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:30:06 -0500

I am looking for solutions for an IDS/IPS system, and I have just been
contacted by a company named NitroSecurity. Their product looks nice,
but I cannot find much from third parties or existing higher education
customers, how their products compare to the "others", etc. If you have
some info or if you are using a NitroSecurity product, please let me
know.  We have already evaluated other products, but we continue to find
flaws in various products we evaluate, so our search is ongoing.

A search of the EDUCAUSE Security listserv revealed some postings from
the NitroSecurity's CTO (whom I am sure is reading this now), but not
from users.

understand that this is not an invitation for responses from vendors.

Thank you.

Craig M. Sauvigne
System Administrator
Winthrop University