Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for forensic disk interface kit

From: Samuel Liles <sliles () PURDUE EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:37:31 -0600

My students and I were looking for something super cheap. It would not
currently work for evidence gathering, but we were looking at creating a
read only disk interface when the semester ended.  If all you are looking at
is expected use investigations then
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5844382662&ssPageName=MER
C_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BID_Stores_IT (sorry about the long link) is a really
cheap method (at 99 cents). No it won't do SCSI. We looked at one of the
Dazzle card readers $9 for reading something like 20 types of memory media.
Our goal was to create a forensic work station for less than $50 (not
counting laptop).

sam