Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Quick Query

From: Susan Foster <sfoster () UDEL EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:42:48 -0400

Stan and Herb:

The University of Delaware was visited by the MPAA at our invitation in May.
Richard Taylor and Jim Spertus were on campus for a day to converse with
student life administrators, student government leaders, IT leadership, and
senior executives. In the evening a well attended open forum with students
was followed by a first run US movie premier.(see
http://www.udel.edu/PR/UDaily/2005/mar/mpaa050905.html)  We were very
impressed with the openness of the conversation and explored with them the
means by which we are attempting to curb student violation of the
intellectual property, including our educational campaign called Code of the
Web (see http://www.udel.edu/codeoftheweb/). I have continued to be in
contact with Rich Taylor who is very interested in reaching out to
institutions to collaborate and share ideas.  I do not know if Rich is one
of the individuals involved in contacting you, but I think you would find
him very informative and eager to talk with you.  Rich is Senior Vice
President, External Affairs & Education, Motion Picture Association of
America, Washington, DC.

Susan