Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blocking port 25 outbound

From: Matthew Keller <kellermg () POTSDAM EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:56:11 -0400

We implemented an outgoing (and incoming) port 25 block from (and to)
anything other than white-listed e-mail servers a couple years ago. We
had one faculty who was running her own mail server that got a little
bent, but we whitelisted her and it went away. Not a peep from the rest
of the campus community.