Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: security incidents

From: Dewitt Latimer <dewitt () ND EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:24:28 -0500

Folks might find this link interesting.

http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/ChronDataBreaches.htm

-d

------------------------------

Dewitt Latimer, Ph.D.

Deputy CIO and Chief Technology Officer

The University of Notre Dame

dewitt () nd edu

  _____

From: Craig Blaha [mailto:blaha () TCNJ EDU]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 9:19 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: [SECURITY] security incidents

I started trying to analyze trends in the recent higher ed security
incidents in order to look for commonalities and leverage points to improve
our security posture at the College of New Jersey. After going through a few
rounds of web searching, I realized that there isn't enough specific
information published on each incident to allow me to map the details to our
systems and procedures.

I thought others might find some use in this material, as rough as it is.

Senior management is definitely noticing the frequency of incidents in the
paper, so this might help you write a summary/report, or support a funding
request, who knows.

Cheers!

Craig

--

Craig Blaha
Associate Director

Reminder: E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
Do not use e-mail to send confidential information
such as credit card numbers, changes of address, PIN
numbers, passwords, or other important information.
Your e-mail message is not private in
that it is subject to review by the College, its officers,
agents and employees.