Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FW: [mobility] FW: FW: Wireless Security/Support

From: Michael Lymbery <mlymbery () SCU EDU AU>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:32:22 +1000

Thanks for that James.  I did suggest using two SSIDs (originally for
a different reason - to have staff and student access) but it was
decided that this was not an option (too confusing for users?).

Thanks again
Michael
james sankar wrote:

Hi Micheal

Tim Chown, has replied to your query via the tf-mobility list
hosted by TERENA, please see below

Best Regards

James Sankar ----------------------------------------------------
Network Engineer - Middleware AARNet Pty Ltd Canberra, Australia

Tel: +61 2 6222 3530 (main switchboard) Fax: +61 2 6222 3535

-----Original Message----- From: Tim Chown
[mailto:tjc () ecs soton ac uk] Sent: Wednesday, 20 April 2005 6:44 PM
To: james sankar Subject: Re: [mobility] FW: FW: [SECURITY]
Wireless Security/Support

Aha - an official aarnet address, nice :)

He could deploy both with the new Cisco AP code that broadcasts 2
SSIDs?

Tim