Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Justification

From: Ken Shaurette <kmshaurette () MPCCORP COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:27:39 -0600

I believe the federal regulation you may be referring to is FERPA
(Family Education Rights and Privacy Act).

In many ways it is the K-12 equivalent of HIPAA for Security and
Privacy.

Ken

Ken M. Shaurette, CISSP, CISA, CISM
MPC Solutions (a division of MPC, LLC), www.mpcscorp.com
(262) 523-3300 x60486

October is CyberSecurity Month - Awareness does not end when the day is
done!!