Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: netflow analysis

From: Bill Yurcik <byurcik () NCSA UIUC EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:02:16 -0500

I'll put in a plug for our visual NetFlow analysis tools:

NVisionIP
<http://security.ncsa.uiuc.edu/distribution/NVisionIPDownLoad.html>
and
VisFlowConnect
<http://security.ncsa.uiuc.edu/distribution/VisFlowConnectDownLoad.html>

an overview of the project and papers describing their operation
and design can be found off this project homepage:
<http://www.ncassr.org/projects/sift/>

I'd love to get feedback from anyone who uses them, especially bad
feedback we can use to improve.

Cheers! - Bill Yurcik/NCSA