Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IDS, IPV6, and 10 Gig

From: Robert Ridenour <ridenour () UTK EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:50:12 -0400

We are looking for information on an IDS/IPS solution for 10 Gig and IPV6
traffic.  We have talked to a few vendors and a few locations with this
need, but no real solution has been identified. Is anyone currently doing
this?  If so..how?  Also, any ideas on how to best evaluate such
devices/applications would be greatly appreciated.  If you are at the
Security Conference, I would love to discuss this.

Robert L. Ridenour Jr.

Information Security Officer

University of Tennessee

 <mailto:ridenour () utk edu> ridenour () utk edu

865-974-8630