Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Passowrd - User Self Service Resets?

From: "clementz.7" <clementz.7 () OSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:56:10 -0500

We pull data from a wharehouse and do use T1234C as a default password when
resetting (1234 being the last four of the SSN).  Then when the students log
for the first time they are required to change to 6 character min.  alpha
numberic password.

Todd Clementz
Systems Administrator
Knowlton School of Architecture