Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SPF

From: Joe St Sauver <JOE () OREGON UOREGON EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:34:27 -0800

Hi Chris

Chris Edwards <chris () ENG GLA AC UK> mentioned:

#That's fine, but what happens where your users mail other sites[1] which allow
#-their- users to forward email AND do not perform the above rewriting tricks?
#If the final receiving server runs SPF it will distrust or reject your mail :-(
#
#[1] Lots (most?) sites fall into this category, particularly in academia.

As I've previously stated, I think we're in the end times for traditional
mail forwarding regimes:

  "The Impending End of Traditional .forward-style Forwarding,"
  Campus Technology (formerly Syllabus), December 15, 2004
  http://www.campus-technology.com/news_article.asp?id=10313&typeid=153

Regards,

Joe