Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

any specifics on the George Mason University breakin?

From: John Kemp <kemp () NETWORK-SERVICES UOREGON EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:07:53 -0800

Would anyone be willing to share
specific information on the GMU breakin?
It would be helpful to know exactly:

-- what type of system was broken into?
-- what type of vulnerability was exploited?

I certainly understand if this information is not forthcoming.
But I thought it would be worth checking.  Contact off-list
would be fine as well.

Thanks,

John G. Kemp               ~         e-mail: kemp () ns uoregon edu
Sr. Security Engineer      ~      incidents: security () uoregon edu
UO Computing Center        ~          phone: (541) 346-1704
1225 Kincaid Street        ~            fax: (541) 346-4397
Eugene, OR 97401           ~           http://security.uoregon.edu/

[ PGP PRINT: C9BE D1C4 9893 1A9E FF1A  B354 77DE E6DC A3CA 7130 ]