Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Address harvesting of EDUCAUSE?

From: Dewitt Latimer <dewitt () ND EDU>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:18:20 -0500

We see this behavior on a number of the more technical lists (wireless-lan,
etc).

All EDUCAUSE constituent lists are open and searchable.  Moreover, there are
no policies that keep vendors from joining the lists..they just can't push
their services directly on the list.

So yes, you can rest assured that contact information is being harvested.

-d

Dewitt Latimer, Ph.D.
Deputy CIO and Chief Technology Officer
The University of Notre Dame