Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: website for applications and versions?

From: Jack Suess <jack () UMBC EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:58:02 -0500

Peter,

This is very interesting idea but I don't know of any such mechanism.
The closest thing I have seen is the Mitre Common Vulnerabilities and
Exposures database, http://www.cve.mitre.org/

They provide a mechanism where you can download the entries in their
database so if you did write something to do this using CVE as a basis
would be a good choice. In addition to providing a centralized CVE
database they have links to many companies building CVE compliant
products. One of those products may do what you are looking for.

jack suess
CIO, UMBC