Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding Marketscore spyware

From: Daniel Adinolfi <dra1 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:48:46 -0500

On Dec 21, 2004, at 16:30, Skrdla, David wrote:

As a result, the IPs 64.37.246.17, 208.172.128.222, and 216.39.69.76
should be removed from global blocks/redirects to avoid false
positives.

Folks,

Has anyone found any other exceptions to the list of Marketscore IPs
that has been compiled here?  Removing the three IPs David mentioned
from our redirect rules has reduced the number of false positives we
have seen on campus.  Still, we want to be sure we affect our end users
as little as possible, and if there is a more complete/correct list, we
want to be using it.

Thanks.

-Dan