Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: looking for examples of remote computing policies

From: Robert Johnson <robert.johnson () WMICH EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:05:25 -0400

** High Priority **

Sorry if I missed any responses to this posting.  If any of you are
willing to share any information pertaining to this topic, it would
be greatly appreciated.

Sorry group, I forgot to add my contact information......

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Robert L. Johnson
Security Administrator                          v-mail:
269.387.4093
Office Of Information Technology        fax:     269.387.5473
Western Michigan University               e-mail:
robert.johnson () wmich edu
Kalamazoo, MI  49008-5206                web:   www.wmich.edu/oit

IMPORTANT:  The contents of this electronic mail communication is
privileged information.  It is intended solely for the addressees
listed.   Any use of this communication, other then its designated
purpose, is prohibited. If you have received this communication and
you are not an addressee, please delete the message.  Notify
robert.johnson () wmich edu that you have received this electronic mail
message in error,  and that you have deleted it from your file
folder(s).

hare () PURDUE EDU 6/1/2004 11:08:20 AM >>>
Do any of you have remote computing policies currently in place?
Remote
computing growth here has been "organic" over the years in academic
and
adminstrative groups, and we now need to deal with many of the
issues
centrally.  In particular, security, support, equipment ownership,
access to {public, sensitive, restricted} data, etc.  Any
suggestions
would be helpful as we are about to make a first pass at what
should be
included.  Thanks,

Steve Hare
Associate Vice President