Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: USB key

From: Paul Dokas <dokas () CS UMN EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:53:35 -0600

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:09:24 -0500 Theresa M Rowe <rowe () OAKLAND EDU> wrote:
We've had a situation here that now leads us to believe that
we can no longer rely just on passwords for critical system
areas, such as domain administrators.  We need to start
implementing something you have in addition to something you
know.

We are looking for two way authentication with a USB key
device, but not a card.

These might do what you need:

  http://www.ealaddin.com/etoken/default.asp

(I have nothing to do with them or have an opinion about their products yet).

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas () cs umn edu