Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Slammed by the SASSER?

From: Monte Schmeiser <MSchmeiser () MARYMOUNTPV EDU>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:35:14 -0700

Will do.

Thank you,

Monte

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Eric Pancer
        Sent: Thu 10/7/2004 10:34 PM
        To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
        Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Slammed by the SASSER?

        Monte Schmeiser wrote on Thu, 2004-10-07 at 22:14:24 -0700...

        > Does anyone have any initial thoughts on what might be going
on and how
        > we should attack this problem.  At this point we are just
going to
        > continue cleaning and patching workstations but are stumped
with the
        > Exchange problem.

        Can you take a sample of machines and put them into a network
with a
        transparent bridge just upstream? Then you can watch all network
        traffic and get a sense of whats going on from that small
sample.
        Post your flows and we can assist more.

        --
        Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul
University