Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

UCPL Programs of Interest?

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:25:30 -0400

Cornell's University Computer Policy and Law Program has some events in
which we invite you to enjoy and participate.

Steve McDonald on Archived Video!
Last week we hosted one of ICPL's all-time favorites Steve McDonald.  Steve
did two presentations, one on brass tacks of copyright law and the other on
file-sharing issues in higher education.  Both of those presentations are
available for streaming on the UCPL web
site:  http://www.cit.cornell.edu/oit/UCPL.html  Please note that,
ironically for copyright reasons, the streamed video does not include the
slides, but that a "safe" set of slides are available on a separate link,
and can be used to follow along Steve's discussion.

John Palfry  October 6!
This upcoming week we will feature John Palfry from the Harvard Berkman
Center on Law and Society talking about the challenges of Internet law and
digital media.  http://www.cit.cornell.edu/oit/ucpl/Palfrey.html  On this
site you will find links to morning and afternoon sessions, which we will
stream LIVE.

Lara Flint November 10!
And mark your calendars, on Nov. 10 Lara Flint from the Center for
Democracy and Technology will be speaking, with live video stream, on
government surveillance of data networks, CALEA, VOIP, and the recent
decision in CDT's favor on ISP liability for child pornography, CDT v.
Pappert (for more info, see:
http://www.cdt.org/speech/pennwebblock/)  Information about the time of her
talks and video streaming will soon be posted on the UCPL main
site:  http://www.cit.cornell.edu/oit/UCPL.html

**In addition to a live stream, we will open discussion to your questions
and answers; please send any questions you have to tbm3 () cornell edu and as
circumstances permit I will weave them into the *discourse.**