Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Policies re: hosting/managing domains

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:30:46 -0400

Glad to add ours to the hopper :-)

http://www.univco.cornell.edu/policy/DN.html

Tracy

At 03:14 PM 7/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
Hi Manuel,

#        I'm interested in knowing what, if any, policies other
#institutions have re: hosting and managing domains. Do you only host and
#manage institutional domains? Do you provide any DNS hosting services
#for research and/or other faculty/staff related projects? If so, do you
#charge any fees for it? Do you have any SLA's? In addition, do you
#provide any email service for these domains?

You can see UO's approach to this issue at:

http://cc.uoregon.edu/cnews/spring2001/dnsprobs.html

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

Regards,

Joe