Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Screening of visitor and transient systems

From: Tim Howard <Timothy_G_Howard () RAYTHEON COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:38:42 -0400

Hello All,
I am interested in hearing about programs at your institution that require
a visitor to have their laptop or PDA, or other computer, screened for
current patches and/or anti-virus updates prior to connecting to your
network.  In implementing an Information Security Program for the US
Antarctic Program, we are trying to align our efforts with what is being
done in the university community to give our grantees a sense of
compatibility as they move between their home institutions and the USAP.

Thanks
Tim

Tim Howard
Information Security Manager, U.S. Antarctic Program (NSF)
Raytheon Technical Services Company, LLC
301.883.4104 office     301.883.4136 fax
301.943.4732 cell timothy_g_howard () raytheon com