Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mandating format/reinstall...

From: Tim McGovern <tjm () MIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:38:04 -0400

Mark Bruhn writes:

If our walk-in support technician doesn't do it, most times we take
the word of the device owner that it has been done.  We do require that
they answer 6 specific questions.  Sometimes you can tell by their
answers that they didn't do what you require, and we just tell them
their response wasn't good

We use almost exactly the same process that IU uses, except we don't have
the six questions... Mark, can you share those with the list?

Thanks,
Tim McGovern
I/T Security Support
Client Support Services