Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [ICPL] Electronic Signatures

From: James Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:07:17 -0400

Right now, some people just want the ability to digitally sign email, so
that real email can be distinguished from spoofed.  I am looking at
becoming a Thawte notary so that they can get freemail certs, and I can
be an on-campus notary.  Depending on load, we might have more on-campus
notaries.  But Thawte freemail, seems to not be as common as it once
was, although still viable.  Anyone know what happened?

Anyone have a good solution/ war story about on or off campus CA/Certs.

If you have implemented digital signatures, where did your customer
requirements come from?

Jim

P.S. Judy, when you get done with your presentation, please share it
with me too.
- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4122 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

""In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

"The release of new internet threats have not created a new problem. It
has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one."
Parallels quote by Albert Einstein on atomic energy