Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: spam from spoofed address

From: "Dennis Meharchand, CEO Valt.x" <dennis () VALTX COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:46:17 -0400

As a computer security company - manufacturer of Cyber Secure Hard Disk
Drives/Adapters - hackers use our Email addresses often in spoofed
emails containing virus attachments. It is extremely frustrating as it
may result in our legitimate emails being blocked. It appears that we in
turn have frustrated the hackers as they refer to our products as "the
little bastid" that no one can hack. It would appear that the only
solution to the spoofing problem would be if Email Servers were able to
verify that the received from domain name matches the IP address and
discard all else.

Dennis Meharchand
CEO, Valt.X Technologies Inc.
Email: dennis () valtx com