Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secure File Transfers: server side?

From: Albert Vasquez <AlV () MSSG RUTGERS EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:29:19 -0400

Michael,
If you have seen this already...
Take a look at open ssh for windows based on OpenSSH. It may be of
interest to you. Cient and server for windows.
http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

Optional clients:
http://www.openssh.org/windows.html

AlV

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 12:10, Michael G Carr wrote:
I'd like to thank everyone who gave feedback on SSH clients.

Our Server Administration team is starting to look at both ends of the
secure transmission situation and is interested in finding out what
everyone is using on the server side (as well as client side.)
Interoperability with open standards (SSH protocol ver2, SCP, etc) and
compatibility with Windows for the server side (and not just the
client) is of interest.

The team has begun to look at products like ssh.com's Tectia and
Vandyke's vshell and secureFX in addition to FTP over SSL with WS_FTP
Pro but they are very  interested in knowing what everyones'
experiences have been with either/both and of hearing any
recommendations for products that they might have missed.

Feel free to reply to the listserv or reply directly to:  James
Richter, jrichter () nebraska edu  , Server Systems Administrator,
University of Nebraska

this EDUCAUSE Discussion Group discussion list can be found at
http://www.educause.edu/cg/.