Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: G-Mail Blocking

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () UFL EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:18:03 -0400

Nothing stopped here, I'm able to send/receive to my gmail account.  I'm a
bit confused though; is the blocking occuring at the network level or at
the smtp level?  From what you mention about a traceroute it sounds like a
network level, which is definitely a bit odd.  A few of the gmail mx
records are very close to google.com a records, so the blocking must be
affecting only the specific hosts or a very narrow range of ips on their
side.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer