Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Hardware tokens for remote access authentication

From: Bill Kyle <bill.kyle () JHU EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 10:14:24 -0400

I have been requested to do a pilot on the use of hardware tokens for remote
access authentication.

I am looking for security staff real world experience with a deployment of
ideally of several hundred users. I would like to know things to help me
determine the total cost of ownership, e.g., token failure rate, user failure
rate :) (needing pin reset), server issues, etc.

Please feel free to reply directly to me so as not to clutter the list.
Thanks!
--
Best wishes,
Bill Kyle