Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Fw: Streaming Video Acacia Media Technologies

From: Michael G Carr <mcarr () NEBRASKA EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:29:07 -0500

FYI

Wesley Blakeslee <wdb () JHU EDU>
Sent by: "Nat. Assoc. of Col. and Univ. Attorneys"
<NACUANET () PEACH EASE LSOFT COM>
08/06/2004 01:10 PM
Please respond to
"Nat. Assoc. of Col. and Univ. Attorneys" <NACUANET () PEACH EASE LSOFT COM>

cc

Subject
Streaming Video  Acacia Media Technologies

I have received numerous contacts regarding this matter.  We have an
existing group of about fifty institutions who have agreed to enter a
joint defense so that all communications are privileged.  That requires
participation by counsel (many of our contacts are by webmasters, but to
preserve confidentiality we must have counsel, at least initially).  If
you (or any referral you make) want to join the group, send me an email
to wdb () jhu edu      (please no telephone calls).  I will send an email
to all the newbies, with the info, and requesting a commitment to be a
part of the group.

Next Friday, 8/13 I will send a status update to the entire group
(current, plus any joiners who agree to the joint defense).

Acacia may have sent as many as 1000 new letters, and since our group
is plugged into Educause and the American Association of Community
Colleges, we have received voluminous calls and emails this week.

Wes Blakeslee
Wesley D. Blakeslee
Associate General Counsel
The Johns Hopkins University
113 Garland Hall
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-516-8128
FAX 516-5448
E-Mail: wdb () jhu edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure
under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended
recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in
error,
please immediately notify the sender via reply e-mail and delete the
message from your system.