Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: HIPAA Assessments and Network Access

From: Bob Kalal <kalal.1 () OSU EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:35:09 -0400

Doug,

We've been working with PriceWaterhouse Coopers through privacy,
transactions, and now security. We've been happy with their work. The
key for us was that they had experience with Higher Ed and HIPAA both
inside and outside the medical center. Most folks experience is
limied to the medical center. I was first introduced to the breadth
of their expertise at an EDUCAUSE session in Atlanta several years
ago.

I was also favorably impressed with Deloite & Touche. They did a
pro-bono presentation for the CIC (Big Ten) Security Working Group I
chair that indicated a lot of expertise and competence. Unfortunately
they are OSU's external auditors so there would have been a conflict
in having them as our HIPAA compliance remediation consultants.

Cheers,

Bob Kalal
Director, Information Technology Policy and Services
Office of the Chief Information Officer
The Ohio State University
Phone: (614) 292-6888
Fax:   (614) 688-4226
Email: kalal.1 () osu edu, ITPolicy () osu edu
Web:   http://cio.osu.edu/kalal.html