Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Message Delivery Options

From: Paul Russell <prussell () ND EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:41:00 -0500

On 6/13/2004 5:50 PM, Melissa Guenther wrote:

I have recently been added to a listserve and have an option to control
multiple messages from the group on a daily basis.  Summarized:

Message Delivery options -- some ideas:

    * the usual way people get messages is by "Individual emails" -- one
      E-mail comes to your address for each message posted to this group.

    * if you'd rather receive only one E-mail per day, then select
      "Daily Digest".

    * if you'd rather read the messages on the Web, we recommend
      selecting "Only special announcements"

Does EDCAUSE offer this as an option also?

The SECURITY list offers both DIGEST and INDEX subscription options. To
set your subscription to DIGEST or INDEX mode, send an email message to
<listserv () listserv educause edu> with the appropriate command as the only
text in the body of the message:

       set security digest
or
       set security index

The SECURITY list is not configured to support the TOPICS option. Subscription
to the SECURITY list is an 'all or nothing at all' proposition, however, the
list archives are accessible on the web, so you could set your subscription to
NOMAIL, and review the list postings on the list archives web page
<http://listserv.educause.edu/archives/security.html>.

I am not the owner of the list; I just happen to know the answers to these
questions.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator