Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Spamhaus Experiences?

From: Doug Sandford <dsandfor () SEEBECK UA EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:59:19 -0500

We have recently (last week) installed an open source spam blocker
from the Spamhaus (http://www.spamhaus.org) project with pleasing
results. The product has been catching seven to eight thousand pieces
of mail a day...as I said we are pleased thus far.
Do any of you have any experience with this product or their Exploit
Blocker for viruses, etc? Seems almost too good to be true,
particularly when compared to the pricey commercial solutions out
there.

Thanks for your time...
Doug Sandford
Information Security Officer
University of Alabama
Seebeck Computer Center
doug () ua edu

This email is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed.  Any review or other use of this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient or any
retransmission without the consent of the sender is prohibited.