Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Reporting Structure

From: Steve Schuster <sjs74 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:52:25 -0400

A reply from Cornell...

At 03:38 PM 4/23/2004, you wrote:
I searched the archives and couldn't find any threads on this topic.

I have been requested to survey the list members regarding the reporting
structure on their campus as it pertains to the Information Security Officer
or equivalent.  I would be interested in the following information (which if
provided to me off-list, I will summarize for the list):
1. Position Title

Director, IT Security Office

2. Number of Direct Reports (if any)

5

3. Who you report to

VP, Information Technologies

4. Size of your school

Around 20K students

5. Length of time position has existed.

Current incarnation a little over one year.

6. Anything else you feel may be relevant

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis C King
Information Security Officer
Alfred University
McMahon 247 , Alfred, NY 14802
email: dck22 () alfred edu - phone: 607.871.2379