Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Help with notice about TCP vulnerability rrequested

From: Melissa Guenther <mguenther () COX NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:39:09 -0700

Something written geared to the average user is needed with regard to the latest top vulnerability and  I wonder if
anyone has communicated something that thy are willing to share.  Most postings are for the technical person.

I need something to just make users aware that they may experience some dropped connections when they do certain things
that require extended connections, like ftp.  Most look a the word TCP and check out.  Can anyone help - I have writers
block.

Thanks

Melissa Guenther
Increasing Awareness to Improve Security
480-786-6034